Tuesday 9 October 2012

gypsy tart


My sister's on a roll at the moment. Here is her latest contribution, I'll post my recipe for a delicious sweet short crust pastry soon, in the mean time use which ever recipe you prefer or even cheat and by an (all butter) pre made case...


"This is my attempt at Gary's Gypsy tart. So simple but amazing. Extremely sweet, caramel, butterscotch flavour. Just remember to whisk until the surface is covered with small air bubbles and the texture becomes thicker and lighter in colour. 
One of my favourites that I first ate in childhood baked by Pani (mrs) Michalska - my Polish grans Polish friend that my sister and I would often visit with her after school. Not sure she would have been using Gary Rhodes recipe however........






No comments:

Post a Comment

follow me

Follow Us