125g caster sugar
125g unsalted butter, very soft
2 tsps vanilla extract
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 quantity of your chosen frosting.
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan/350F/Gas 4 and place 8 muffin/cupcake cases in to your muffin tin.
- Using an electric mixer beat the sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla extract for around 3 minutes on the highest speed until light and fluffy.
- Next sift in the flour and baking powder and beat for another 30 seconds or so. You will end up with quite a thick batter.
- Put a dollop of the batter into each of the paper cases so that they are about 2/3 full then place the tray in the over for around 20-25 minutes until golden brown and firm.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before decorating with the frosting.