120g butter, at room temperature
240g icing sugar, sieved
approx 120g berries, (thawed weight)
- Strain the berries through a sieve so that you remove the pips and tough bits of skin. You will find this is easier if you use a spoon or spatula to help push it through into the bowl below.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the butter until soft.
- Gradually add the sugar until thoroughly combined, smooth and creamy.
- Next, a spoonful at a time beat in the berry puree. You may not need to add it all but keep going until you have your desired colour, flavour and consistency. If the frosting looks like it might separate, add a little more sieved icing sugar and beat together.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before using.