1kg polish cottage cheese (I use this one)
6 large eggs
190g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 heaped tbsp cornstarch/cornflour
zest of a lemon
around 300g berries (blackberries, strawberries or raspberries would be my preference but whatever you fancy)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a springform cake tin with baking parchment.
- Beat the cottage cheese with electric whisk until it starts to come together.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating between each addition.
- Finally add the salt, vanilla and lemon zest and beat well. You're not trying to beat air into it, just make sure it is smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Pour into the cake tin, place the berries on top then bake in the oven for 45-60 mins. The centre will still be a bit loose when done but not liquid. Turn off the oven and leave to cool completely with the door left slightly ajar.
- Chill for several hours, preferably overnight.