Saturday 15 September 2012

vanilla yogurt frosting


Ingredients

150g unsalted butter, at room temperature
400g icing sugar, sieved
1 tsp vanilla extract
150ml greek yogurt

  1. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until soft.
  2. Gradually add the sugar until thoroughly combined, smooth and creamy.
  3. Finally add the yogurt bit by bit until you have your desired consistency.
  4. This frosting can sometimes look a bit curdled, if this happens to you sieve in some extra icing sugar and beat it until it comes back together.
  5. Chill for at least 30 minutes before using.

2 comments:

  1. I like the recipe and I think I'm gonna do this. Thanks for the recipe=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Glad you like it. I find it goes particularly well with rich cakes like my chocolate salted caramel ones

    http://eating-properly.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/chocolate-salted-caramel-cupcakes.html

    ReplyDelete

follow me

Follow Us