Monday 20 August 2012

rum espresso cocktail



After making the poppy seed and caramel cheese cake I had some left over tinned caramel in the fridge that needed to be used up or thrown out. This combined with the fact it is a gloriously sunny Friday evening and I'm a little bit tired because it's the end of the week has led me to create this yummy drink.

I haven't tried it yet but I suspect you can use all sorts of different spirits in this drink. I think I might try some amaretto next. Mmmm....

Ingredients
Shot of espresso - use instant if you must but I refuse to acknolwedge that stuff as 'coffee'.
Ice
A generous teaspoon of caramel
Shot of rum/amaretto/vodka/whisky/bourbon/baileys - what ever takes your fancy.

Throw all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker or large jam jar with a lid. Give it a good shake then pour into your serving glass.

I'm enjoying mine in the garden as I write this. It is ace.





No comments:

Post a Comment

follow me

Follow Us